LUPC Legal Webinar Series: How to address rising inflation and material costs in construction contracts
Date: 13/09/2022 10.00 - 11.00
Open to UKUPC member organisations and relevant for staff in procurement, estates, and in-house legal departments.
With UK inflation hitting a 40-year high and the cost of raw building materials in the UK expected to more than treble in 2022*, many higher education institutions are wondering how it will impact their building and construction plans and how their contracts can protect them against these cost pressures.
Niamh Batterton, Legal Director in Bevan Brittan's Commercial & Infrastructure Team, will cover:
- What practical steps can legal and commercial teams take to mitigate against rising construction costs?
- What considerations should you take into account if you are planning a future project?
- What happens if a contractor requests in increase in the contract price during a current project?
- What elements of your construction contract should you review/amend to deal with inflation and increased costs?
* Building Cost Information Service (BCIS) Materials Cost Index
For any queries, please contact Roy Dennis