LUPC members and universities across the UK can now access the new Travel Management Services Agreement, led by SUPC. This agreement, which replaces previous iterations, provides a compliant route to market and a collaborative procurement channel for an estimated £700 million in university spend across the UK.
This agreement, which went live on 19 August 2019, will run until 18 August 2023. The agreement gives members access to a fully managed service for all UK and International travel and associated services for staff, along with the following services for students:
- UK and international air, rail and hotel/hostel services
- Ferry services
- International vehicle hire
- Group travel services
- Relevant professional advice to Members for student group travel.
Members using the agreement will benefit from:
- Competitive rates
- A wide choice of suppliers to match organisational requirements and culture
- A set of standard added-value services across all suppliers, complemented by supplier specific added-value services
- Greater flexibility when booking flights
- Access to academic fares which offer greater flexibility than traditional fares
- Rigorous duty-of-care procedures and protocols to ensure both staff and students are safe while undertaking university activities
- A focus on sustainability and corporate responsibility: 10% of supplier score weighting was assigned to sustainability and covered areas such as modern slavery, carbon reporting data, greener ways to travel, and International Labour Organisation employment standards for overseas workers
- EU and UK compliance (OJEU compliance)
- Fast route to market.
We are proud to announce the following as awarded suppliers on the agreement via two lots:
Lot 1 – Business Travel Management Services: Clarity, Click Travel, Diversity Travel, Key Travel, Selective Travel, STA Travel
Lot 2 – Student Group Travel Services: Clarity, Diversity Travel, Key Travel, Selective Travel, STA Travel, Studylink Tours
Jayne Thorne, SUPC Category Manager said: “We are incredibly pleased to launch this new agreement which will help universities across the UK ensure they get value for money through their staff and student travel spend. The agreement will also support users to ensure they meet duty of care requirements for travellers and provide a range of flexible booking options that meet the requirements of the higher education sector.”
SUPC is running a joint Travel Management Services & Temporary and Permanent Recruitment Services Launch Event on 14 October in London. This event will be free for consortia members. To register click here.