The North East University Purchasing Consortium (NEUPC) has recently launched a new framework for Firefighting Equipment and Associated Services (EFM2028 NE).
The contract period runs from 24th February 2020 to 23rd February 2022, with the option of two 12-month extensions. The framework is available to members of NEUPC, CPC, NWUPC, LUPC and SUPC.
The framework is split into 2 lots, with eight regions under each. The scope of Lot 1 includes the provision of fire extinguishers, fire blankets, storage, first aid equipment, door furniture, escape equipment, signage and wireless alarms. With Lot 2 covering the provision of fire safety training and fire risk assessments.
Benefits of the framework include:
- Strong market coverage in the supply base allows direct contact with leaders in the various specialist areas, some of which are not available on alternative frameworks.
- Potentially strong cash savings due to a competitive tender process
- Requirement for members to increase sustainability weighting
- Provision to manage sustainable impacts via the Net Positives supplier action tool
- Members have ability to access this agreement and CPC’s fire systems framework to offer full coverage of the fire category to members
- Brand new agreement for the HE sector in a category that hasn’t been covered previously
To complement this framework the CPC has also awarded the Fire Alarm, Detection and Suppression Systems Framework. Both agreements are available to members of NEUPC, NWUPC, LUPC, HEPCW and SUPC, ensuring all your needs under the fire category including; equipment, services and systems are covered. With this collaborative approach we were able to target and offer the framework to the whole educational sector, including schools, colleges and universities.
Sam Wells, Framework Lead says:
“I’m pleased to launch the Fire Fighting Equipment and Associated Services framework alongside the Fire Alarms, Detection and Suppression Systems awarded by CPC. This has enabled consortia to expand their services further to target the entire educational sector with frameworks covering the complete fire category. I hope you utilise the framework which has been designed to provide you with maximum cost savings.”