Bringing together procurement professionals, students, academics, industry and sustainability experts, the Responsible Procurement Advisory Group is at the forefront of responsible procurement strategy and best practice in the Higher Education and wider public sector.
It is open to all LUPC members who wish to have their say in steering how LUPC can best serve their interests in regards to making their procurements more sustainable.
This two hour session, with location within London but to be confirmed, will enable attendees to take part in:
- Reviewing and agreeing new RPAG Terms of Reference
- A fascinating discussion about Universities reporting their Modern Slavery statements by PhD researcher Michael Rogerson of the University of Bath.
- A presentation by an LUPC supplier about their latest Responsible Procurement initiatives, to give an insight into how HE institutions can make the most of their procurements. (To be confirmed)
- A round the table discussion of their own institution's initiatives.
- An update by all on the latest need to know Responsible Procurement events worth attending.
Michael Rogerson has conducted extensive work in responsible procurement, with 'a Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Value Chains (University of Cambridge), an MBA (Imperial College London), and Bachelor’s degrees in Accounting (Robert Gordon University) and History (University of the West of England).
He has also previously researched modern slavery in multinational construction settings and blockchain’s potential use as a tool for enhancing visibility in supply chains.
If you wish to join this meeting, please contact Marisol Bernal, LUPC's Responsible Procurement Officer, to receive the Agenda and Terms of Reference.
Specific address to be confirmed