Over 700 approved suppliers now enjoy the benefits of a relationship with LUPC:
- LUPC framework agreements are well-recognised in the higher education sector as having undergone a rigorous evaluation process by experienced procurement and technical professionals
- A Senior Category Manager is assigned to each framework agreement to provide management and a single point of contact for suppliers
- We work with our suppliers to jointly promote our framework agreements through our website, publications and special events
- As we work closely with other consortia, opportunities often arise to expand the framework agreement nationally
- We are always adding new members to our consortium, as reflected in the continued growth of our total spend.
Marketing to LUPC Members
On becoming an approved LUPC supplier - a Guide to Marketing to LUPC Members is available upon request. To obtain a copy, please contact: Suzanne Picken
Become a Supplier
Owing to the high spend potential for LUPC's supply agreements, we are required to competitively tender all our framework agreements and contracts under EU public procurement regulations. This involves a process under which we advertise forthcoming framework agreements in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) and then assess tender responses under strict guidelines. We must ensure that your company is capable of serving all LUPC’s members and, for national contracts, across the UK higher education sector, with a high standard of quality and service and a commitment to competitive pricing. As a result, the tender process can take a period of six months or even longer.
LUPC uses the EU Supply e-Sourcing Solution. We encourage all suppliers seeking to do business with LUPC to register with EU Supply, as it is our intention to notify all suppliers held within our database of relevant tendering opportunities. Please note that you will need to register your details under every business category you are interested in, as only these will be notified of a relevant tender opportunity.
To do this, once signed in, go into your Company Administration page and set up Business Alerts, adding the relevant category (CPV) codes to your business.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all contact details within the EU Supply system are kept up to date under each relevant business category. We recommend that you register with a generic email address, if possible, so the contact details are not out of date when staff leave. We suggest you take time to look at the guidance below before registering.
Please note that registering alone does not mean you are a supplier to LUPC members. It does not enable you to sell to our members as an ‘approved’ supplier; companies may only do so once they have successfully been awarded a contract with LUPC following a full tender competiton.
Whilst LUPC shares a number of its framework agreements reciprocally with other UK higher education purchasing consortia, we do not tender all of these framework agreements ourselves. You will need to register with the relevant tendering consortium to be kept up to date on the next tender opportunity, as we do not share the same registration portal for suppliers. Please check the 'Co-ordinating body' against each framework agreement on our website; other consortia contact details are online .
- Please note, we are unable to add suppliers on to framework agreements mid-term; you will need to take part in the next tender process (normally every four years) and to be successfully awarded a contract with LUPC to become an ‘approved’ supplier.
- LUPC tenders and manages framework agreements for our members to call off individual contracts – our members are entirely independent in their purchasing decisions, and are under no obligation to use LUPC framework agreements. LUPC can only recommend approved suppliers under our framework agreements to members; the final decision to contract suppliers rests with the member.