GeM is the sector's contracts database that provides full details of all agreements open to LUPC Members. You can access GeM in two ways:
Login for HE institutions
HE Members should be able to access GeM without the need to log in each time; instead, your institution's IP address will be recognised and you'll be able to get straight into the system.
Login for non-HE institutions ('Login via GeM')
If your institution is not listed then you need to set up an individual GeM account (the ‘Login via GeM’ option). Follow these simple instructions to create an individual account on GeM.
- Go to www.gem.ac.uk and click the Login button.
- If you don't already have a GeM account click the NEW ACCOUNT link in the Login Via GeM box.
- In the white box that pops up click the Create a New Account button.
- Select you institution from the drop down box and fill inthe remainder of the form. (When creating a username we recommend using your full email address)
- Click the Save button.
- Your account will need to be approved by the administrator at you institution. They will get an automatic email alert about your request.
- Once the account has been approved you can log in to your account using the username and password you specified during registration.
There are some short training videos on how to use GeM at: www.gem.ac.uk/training
If you have problems in getting an account approved, or logging on, call Procureweb on 02920 870333 or email email@example.com