GeM is the sector's contracts database that provides full details of all agreements open to LUPC Members. You can access GeM in two ways:
Higher Education Members
Log in via IP address
The easiest way to access GeM's contracts database is via registering your institution's IP address. This means you won't have to log in each time you visit GeM. It's also ideal for sharing information easily and quickly with buyers across your organisation, without them having to register and log in each time.
To register your IP address, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 029 2087 0333.
Please note, you will still need to log in (via an institutional log in) to access the e-marketplace and Request for Quote functionality. To check if your institution has an institutional log in already set up, click on the 'Login' box at www.gem.ac.uk and see if you’re listed in the drop down menu. If you are, you can log in to GeM using your network username and password that you use to log in to your computer. The first time you log in you will be asked for some further information but won't be asked for this in future. If you can't see your institution in the drop down box, you will need to follow the instructions below.
Non-Higher Education Members
Log in via GeM
If your institution is not listed under the 'Log in via Institution' drop down box (on the GeM home page) then you need to set up an individual GeM account (the ‘Login via GeM’ option). This will be applicable for most non-HE Members. Follow these simple instructions to create an individual account on GeM.
- Go to www.gem.ac.uk and click the Login button.
- If you don't already have a GeM account click the NEW ACCOUNT link in the Login Via GeM box.
- In the white box that pops up click the Create a New Account button.
- Select you institution from the drop down box and fill in the remainder of the form. (When creating a username we recommend using your full email address)
- Click the Save button.
- Your account will need to be approved by the administrator at you institution. They will get an automatic email alert about your request.
- Once the account has been approved you can log in to your account using the username and password you specified during registration.
There are some short training videos on how to use GeM at: www.gem.ac.uk/training
If you have problems in getting an account approved, or logging on, call Procureweb on 02920 870333 or email email@example.com