Senior Contracts Manager
Central London - £50,000pa
LUPC are looking to expand our capability and to do this we need to recruit an energetic Senior Contracts Manager to join our enthusiastic team.
You will need to demonstrate your extensive experience in professional procurement and contract management, ideally including experience in the Professional Services category, with a proven ability to:
- Manage large (preferably collaborative) procurement projects from feasibility to implementation, that bring tangible benefits;
- Develop complex specifications and tender evaluation mechanisms; and
- Develop effective relationships and joint working both internally and with external bodies/suppliers.
- Ideally, you’ll also have experience of working in a collaborative procurement environment with a wide range of stakeholders
Professional Services category experience preferred but not essential.
In return, we offer a friendly team environment at our offices in central London, a competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement and access to the USS or SAUL pension scheme.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 17 November 2017.
Senior Procurement Manager (Shared Procurement Service)
Central London - up to £50,000pa
In 2015, some Members of London Universities Purchasing Consortium (LUPC) took a major leap forward in shared services when we established an innovative partnership solution offering a complete, shared procurement service to participating full Members. This stand-alone service is of particular interest to smaller or specialist institutions who do not have access to their own professional procurement resource.
Around twenty of LUPC’s full Members, from across our sectors, each have an annual procurement spend of £20m or less and have either very limited professional procurement resource, or none at all. In total, their total annual spend exceeds £200m, adding up to a very significant sum that may be being spent without the benefit of professional procurement support.
Our Shared Procurement Service offers it Members:
- Professional procurement management for areas of spend selected by the Member
- Improved supplier relationship management, contract management and risk management; Demand management and cost reduction programmes
- The opportunity to adopt a state-of-the-art purchase-to-pay system
- Regular spend and benefits reporting; An improved sustainability profile
- The opportunity to up-skill managers in procurement, contract management and other commercial disciplines
- Assured continuity of service and freedom from the burden of staffing and managing a stand-alone procurement function at a fraction of the cost
- A tax-efficient partnership solution in the form of a cost sharing group model
The service is already well established, with five members and the recruitment of two experienced procurement professionals already in place. With expansion and two new, London-based member institutions, a third procurement professional is now required.
Ideally, you’ll also have experience of working in a collaborative procurement environment with a wide range of stakeholders.
In return, we offer a friendly team environment at our offices in Fitzrovia, a competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement and access to a pension scheme.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 30 October 2017. Interviews will take place early November.