1 February 2013
SUPC has awarded a new framework agreement for Laboratory Equipment Maintenance and Repair Services (LEMS). The agreement starts today (1st February 2013) for an initial period of two years, and is open to LUPC Members. It includes numerous lots for different equipment types, including autoclaves, fume cupboards, ovens, freezers and more.
The agreement offers:
- choice of 16 suppliers in 15 lots, all checked thoroughly (including any nominated subcontractors) and audited if not in possession of an ISO9000.
- transparent, institution-specific pricing divided in work and travel, both set to a maximum rate (assuming 1 equipment) by the suppliers themselves. Suppliers will significantly improve this pricing in response to specific requirements.
- a framework of professional practice for the 16 suppliers, who will work with the Further and Higher Education sector and relevant trade associations to agree and adopt best practice.
- one set of agreed Terms and Conditions for all suppliers.
- service cover for all participating institutions across all 15 lots.
The Buyer’s Guide, agreement terms and conditions, work rates and travel rates lists will be available on GeM shortly, with contract reference GeM4000-supc.
For further details, contact Darran Whatley, Senior Contracts Manager, 020 7863 1693.