A not-for-profit professional buying organisation owned by its Members, for its Members
LUPC - a member of Procurement England Ltd.
In January 2016, our first-in-sector shared procurement service, Ensemble Purchasing, opened for business.
Ensemble offers a complete, longer-term, shared procurement service to Members and was created to address the need for professional, quality procurement resource within smaller institutions.
The current participating Members are the Royal College of Music, Royal Academy of Music, Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music & Dance, and Royal College of Art, although other Members are welcome to join in future. The service is owned and managed by its participating Members, who each have a seat on Ensemble's Board.
Good quality procurement people are in short supply, even in London. Ensemble can supply a sustainable, high-quality, professional and economical procurement service in the city at less than £350 a day. And because it’s a cost sharing group – owned and controlled by its Members – there won’t be any VAT to pay.
* Professional procurement management for areas of spend selected by each Member, commensurate with a “superior” specialist procurement organisation;
* Improved supplier relationship management, contract management and risk management;
* Demand management and cost reduction programmes;
* Regular spend and benefits reporting;
* An improved sustainability profile;
* The opportunity to up-skill managers in procurement, contract management and other commercial disciplines;
* Assured continuity of service and freedom from the burden of staffing and managing a stand-alone procurement function at a fraction of the cost; and
* A tax-efficient partnership solution.